Monday, July 28, 2014

Prompt: I didn't trust a smile with that many teeth…

I didn’t trust a smile with that many teeth. It didn’t help that Gorvians have no lips or gums. I tried not to hold that against Belvik. But the fact that he was a lying, cheating, thieving son of a vental didn’t help either. I pressed the flat of my blade against his wrist.

“Pull away slowly, and we’ll pretend that didn’t just happen,” I said with a growling rumble in my chest.

Belvik slowly pulled his hand away from my belt purse and held up both hands with a full-toothed grin. “No harm, no foul, friend,” he said, taking a step back before rubbing his wrist.

Sliding my blade back into its sheath, I muttered, “I didn’t cut you, you big baby. Not that you wouldn’t have deserved it.”

Belvik’s smile faded, his teeth retracting into his mouth with audible clicks...

To be continued?

Dogs in House
Houdini


Music Playing
Spanish Guitar Music Vol.1 on YouTube


Time writing
~15 minutes


July word count
10,834


No comments:

Post a Comment