Sunday, July 13, 2014

Con Report: ConGregate, Winston Salem (teaser)

Confession: I. Am. Tired. June and July have been overload months for me, and I hit my “wall” Tuesday night. Apparently, I was hilarious. I still haven’t gotten much more sleep since then.

So here’s the deal. I’m at ConGregate this weekend, in Winston Salem, and it is an excellent con! And even better, I am getting to hang with some of my favorite authors, like Faith Hunter, David B. Coe, Misty Massey, John Hartness, and A.J. Fletcher, along with many other writers and friends. And, even better, Faith, David, and Misty broke down my novel intro with constructive feedback that will ultimately help me to make it even better.

In addition, Sharon Stogner, of the wonderful I Smell Sheep blog, generously talked with me for about an hour regarding my own blog and how I can work toward building more of a community here. We came up with a lot of great brainstorming ideas that I will be building upon in the next few weeks.

That’s not much of a con report, I know. Here’s the rest of the deal. I’m going to get some real sleep, and I will do a full con report tomorrow. Promise.

Time writing
15 minutes


July word count
5,171


1 comment: