Sunday, June 27, 2021

Slowly through the dark tunnel


I had a great idea for 2020: I was going to video readings of public domain spec fic, maybe passages from my own writings, and invite other authors to share readings of their own. I even prepared the first one on January 5th...but technology defeated me. The video was too large, and I couldn't figure out a feasible model to make it work.

And then...2020...
It's now the 15th month of the Covid19 pandemic, and although we are seeing signs of recovery on many fronts, we still have a long way to go.
("Dark Tunnel" by Sugarsweet1994)

Personally, I have been in a "major depressive episode" for longer than that. Most days I barely have enough energy for the things that I *have* to do, much less the many things I want and "should" do. I never have enough spoons. And my body parts seem to be failing one after the other. Shoulder rotator cuff, hip joint, knee osteoarthritis, tension headaches...sweet jeebus, this getting older isn't for the faint of heart!

All of this to say, I haven't been much of a writer. Or editor. Or publisher. And I miss all of that.

I miss conventions! My tribe! 

That's a lot of people and energy though...


I have more I want to say, but for now, I'm thinking about revisiting my video readings idea. 

Stay safe and well!
#

And so, with a loving heart, I offer you
Namaste
I’ve heard many translations. Here’s my favorite:
The light of the universe that shines within me recognizes
the light of the universe that shines within you.

#

1 comment:

  1. Try adding some gelatin to your diet (you can mix the unflavored gelatin into soups and stews or use a packet with water to make rice). It helps with joints. It may not help with depression, of course, but less pain is a gain! I use a few different lotions for "aromatherapy" to help with mood. You can pick from several uplifting scents and add to any unscented lotion: clary sage, grapefruit, lavender, mint (go easy with mint as it can irritate some people's skin). I mix them all together or go for a nice rubdown with lavender depending on the time of day. Stay sane and healthy! P.s. If you can eat grapefruit or other citrus it helps with mood too.

    ReplyDelete