Sunday, August 25, 2013

Prompt: In my dreams


Thanks to Artur Rosa for permission to use his lovely “Carried by the Wind”!

In my sleeping dreams
I have power
But not very much

I fly
But not very high off the ground
I use the breaststroke to struggle higher
Maybe six feet
Maybe above the trees

I swim in a lake
Bordered by pool tiles
And a beach lined with snapping turtles
A shark swims underneath me
Keeping pace
I push it away
It returns
Again and again

I rescue lost children
Leaping down a mountain side
Holding their hands
The bad man chases
It feels like a pillow
When I push him away

But

In my waking dreams
I float above the water
I gaze at the brilliant blue sky
I imagine the moon, the stars
My future life

There’s nothing I can’t do

Dogs in house
Houdini, Brindle


Time writing:
20 minutes, interrupted


August word count:
13,240

No comments:

Post a Comment