Saturday, November 29, 2014

Prompt: Walking in the Aftermath

We’d been two hours on the road when I saw the first sign. It was one of those big green signs that used to hang over the highways, but this one was torn in half and crumpled like paper, dangling from a bent support pole, with one corner digging into the torn up ground beneath it.

I pointed, and Darren nodded. “Stone trolls?” I asked quietly. He shrugged. I sighed and stared at the sign as our horses walked steadily past it. He was right. It probably was. It didn’t really matter. We’d deal with whatever we found. We had to, until we could find Karina and put an end to this.

I wasn’t ready to face what that might mean. I’d killed humans and monsters since the Rending. I wasn’t sure I could kill my twin. Even if she’d taken my heart’s wish for magic in the world and done…this…

#

And so, with a loving heart, I offer you
Namaste
I’ve heard many translations. Here’s one I love:
The light of the universe that shines within me recognizes
the light of the universe that shines within you.

#

Dogs in House
Houdini


Time writing
15 minutes


November word count
Too low :(


No comments:

Post a Comment